Listed below are the criteria for this unit, the evidence that students
need to present in order to meet the grades shown.
For a pass grade a learner should be able to:
- define the specific purpose and requirements for a website
- design a multi-page website to meet stated requirements
- using a design, build a functional multipage, two-way interactive
- review a website
- describe the various factors that influence the performance of a
- successfully upload a website to a web server
- identify the potential security issues and legal constraints involved
in a particular website.
For a merit grade a learner should be able to:
- explain the tools and techniques used in the creation of a website
- adapt and improve the effectiveness of a website on the basis of
a formal review
- explain techniques that can be used to minimise security risks
- demonstrate that a created website meets the defined requirements
and achieves the defined purpose.
For a distinction grade a learner should be able
- compare and evaluate two different designs created to meet a
particular specification and justify the one chosen for implementation
- produce a website that is W3C compliant
- compare ‘user side’ and ‘server side’ factors that can influence